Regular exercising routine is one of the surest paths to a longer and healthier life. It’s recommended that adults get at least 150 minutes of exercise every week, but not even half of us do so. We can find heaps of excuses for procrastinating and not exercising, but here’s a list of reasons why we should do so.
Establish a Healthy Routine
- To take advantage of gym membership (and cost), you will tend to make yourself go to the gym regularly. It becomes easy to establish a healthy routine with all the facilities and class in your fingertips! So flip that financial hurdle into a motivator, establish a routine and you’ll create a new healthy habit well worth the investment in no time.
Get Stress Relief
- Any form of exercise can act as a stress reliever. Physical activity boosts the brain’s production of endorphins, which simply makes us feel better physically and have a brighter emotional outlook overall. Exercise physically reduces tensions in both the body and the mind which can improve your mood and the quality of your sleep.
Learn from the Pros
- Gyms are now filled with professional trainers on staff, they are all trained to help you achieve your fitness goals and to design exercise programs that fit your individual needs in a fun and safe way. Most gym staff are friendly and more than ready to show you proper exercising techniques so that you don’t hurt yourself and to ensure you get the most out of each exercise routine.
Sample the Fitness Classes
- Nowadays, gyms have a huge selection of exercise classes and other fitness elements. This gives you the opportunity to try new types of fitness trends to vary your routine. If you do the same workout day-in and day-out, your body builds a type of muscle memory and the gains you make are incrementally decreased.
Access to Equipment
- One of the biggest advantages are the wide array of equipment available! It might be intimidating at first, but you’ll find friendly experts on hand to help you use it all. Trust us - it’s a lot simpler than it looks once you get the hang of it!
- Many people find fitness classes to be the most efficient and fun way to get a full body workout. You can do everything from HIIT to CrossFit, and from boxing to yoga. There’s usually a very energetic instructor to help provide you with some extra energy and motivation. These classes are usually filled with regulars, so it’s nice to see everyone in the flow together or maybe even making new friends!
Increased Energy Levels
- One of the benefits of exercising is an increase in energy levels and enhanced mood, due to the release of natural, happy endorphins. If you’re looking for an extra spring in your step, you will definitely feel energised and ready for the day after a great work out!
- You either love to exercise or have to drag yourself to get it done. If you’re one of the latter, heading to the gym and being around others who are in the same situation as you can be just the incentive and motivation you need to keep going. You might even find yourself converting into an exercise lover when you start heading to the gym on a more regular basis, hitting your fitness goals and seeing results on the inside and out!
You don’t need to do the absolute maximum or try to keep up with the very buff looking person working out nearby on your first day. Take it slow and steady, which can avoid overworking yourselves or getting hurt.