Sugar cravings are the hardest, aren't they? Even if you don't generally have a sweet tooth, everyone is seized with cravings for something luscious and sweet now and then! And because of what we know about the evils of refined sugar, these cravings tend to be suppressed...only to rear their ugly heads even more violently later on. It also doesn't help that sweet foods tend to be the 'extras' in our daily diet (desserts, candy, drinks), leading to an excess of calories and much, much guilt.
If only there was a way to satisfy sugar cravings with no actual refined sugar! Well, here's one better - how about satisfying your sugar cravings as part of your main meal? No excess calories, but with all of the nutrients, taste, and satisfaction.
Enter: Banana Split Yogurt Parfait! Layers of natural yogurt, berry & banana granolas, chocolatey cacao nibs, and fresh fruit. Alternately creamy and crunchy, bursting with flavour, and oh-so-satisfying. And perfect for a meal or snack!
Each recipe makes 1 meal serving, and provides 398 kcal, 16 g protein and 5 g fiber per serving!
Banana Split Yogurt Parfait
Prep time: 10 minutes
¾ cup plain yogurt
25 g Banana Bread Granola
25 g Pink Raspberry Granola
2 tsp Cacao Nibs
Slices of fresh banana and strawberries
- In a mason jar, add ¼ cup yogurt. Layer on banana slices to cover the yogurt, then add Banana Bread Granola and 1 tsp cacao nibs.
- Add another ¼ cup yogurt. Layer on strawberry slices to cover the yogurt, then add Pink Raspberry Granola.
- Add remaining ¼ cup yogurt. Decorate with banana & strawberry slices and remaining cacao nibs.
- The above portion is perfect for a meal (e.g. breakfast). If you’re consuming as a snack or dessert, simply halve the recipe!
- Use low fat or fat-free plain yogurt to reduce the overall calorie count of the recipe!
- Best consumed immediately after making (it will get soggy if left to sit too long)
Satisfy all those sugar cravings in a healthy, guilt-free way with this delicious (and totally Instagrammable) Banana Split Yogurt Parfait! Get your recipe kit here - and don't forget to tag us on social media with the hashtag #healthy2easy so we can admire your creation!