HIIT stands for High-Intensity Internal Training, and it is perhaps the most time-efficient way to exercise, with health benefits similar to twice as much as moderate-intensity exercises.
It is indeed an exercise trend that’s made for everyone, providing the benefits of longer-duration exercise in a much shorter amount of time, and provides some unique health benefits.
- It’s the ideal workout for someone with a busy schedule. Research shows that you can achieve more progress in a mere 15 minutes of HIIT training (done three times a week) than the girl jogging on the treadmill for an hour.
You’ll burn more fat
- Not only do you burn more calories but the effect of all that intense exertion kicks your body’s repair cycle into hyperdrive. That means you burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after a HIIT workout than you do after a (for example) steady paced run.
You’ll build a healthier heart
- With vigorous workouts, you lower your risk for heart disease as well. It keeps your cholestrol down, lowers your blood pressure and improves your overall body weight.
You’ll increase your metabolism
- HIIT has an impressive ability to increase your metabolic rate for hours, even after your exercise. HIIT also shifts your body metabolism toward using fat for energy rather than carbs.
You can do it anywhere
- Since it’s such a simple concept-go at maximum effort for a short period of time, followed by a recovery period and repeat - you can adapt it to whatever time and space constraints you have.
There are many ways to add high-intensity intervals to your exercise routine, but why not do it with an expert. Enjoy ONE (1) F-HIIT workout with ÉPIQUE+ Fitness when you purchase the Start Right or Start Strong bundle.