Smooth or chunky, store-bought or homemade, we can all agree that nut butters are one of the must-haves in our pantry. Creamy, oozy, and downright glorious - everyone loves nut butters!
There’s no right or wrong way to eat your nut butter, but sometimes spreading on plain old bread gets a bit boring. Here’s a suggestion for you to integrate them into a fun, unexpected sandwich. It is also a free pass for you to buy an extra jar of nut butter on your next trip to the grocery store.
This combination of sweet potatoes with almond butter may sound weird to many but something about it is surprisingly magical. Possibilities of making sweet potatoes delicious is endless as it is very versatile on its own. Add a little nut butter, and you will never see sweet potato the same again!
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced into thin rounds (or mash* them if that is the preferred texture)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 4 tablespoons of almond butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- 2 slices of cheese
- Arugula (or any greens you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C). Toss sweet potato slices, oil, cumin, cinnamon and salt on a baking paper and spread into an even layer; roast 20 to 25 minutes, flipping once during mid-way.
- Spread 2 slices of bread with 2 tablespoons of almond butter, and place a slice of cheese on each.
- Divide sweet potato between two sandwiches, top with arugula and remaining bread. Cut in half to enjoy.
*Note: If you are mashing your sweet potatoes, do steam them for approximately 20 minutes or until soft. Omit the olive oil if you are choosing this method.
Enjoy and get creative with the recipe! And don't forget to get your Amazin' Nut Butters at 10% OFF using the promo code AGNUTBUTTER! The promo is valid for this week only - don't miss out!