A vegan-friendly dessert made with no milk, eggs, or refined sugar? Made possible with one unlikely secret ingredient: silken tofu! Relatively flavourless, it makes for a good substitute for eggs in recipes and lends considerable density to baked goods. In addition, it's a great plant-based source of protein and contains iron, calcium as well as other healthy minerals.
Top it off with our Antioxidant Berry Trail Mix, or any of our other Granola and Nut Mixes, for extra crunch and yumminess! Want more chocolate? Crush some Brownie Chips and sprinkle 'em on!
(Protip: Tofu does contain lots of water, so you'll notice you'd have to press the water out so your dessert doesn't turn out too soggy!)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 350g silken tofu
- 80g maple syrup
- 1tbsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 1g cayenne pepper / chilli flakes
- 1g sea salt
- any Amazin' Granolas / Nuts
1. Using a tea towel, squeeze out access liquid from the tofu and let it continue draining on the side.
2. In a double boiler, allow it to melt while stirring occasionally.
3. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Served chilled with a crushed nuts + granola toppings. Enjoy!
Tried our recipes? Tag us on Instagram
for a chance to be featured!